Harmonized Tariff Schedule & Schedule B
An entry level course for learning to classify products by the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the U.S. and Schedule B.
Here's what you will learn:
- Where to find the HTSUS and the Schedule B online
- Structure of the HTSUS and the Schedule B
- General Rules of Interpretation, or GRI
- Heading, Subheading, Tariff Items, etc.
- Section Notes and Chapter Notes
- Rules for multiple potential classification
- Rules for mixtures, composite goods, and sets
- Rates of duty according to origin country groups
- Census Bureau statistical quantities
- World Customs Organization's Explanatory Notes
- Customs Rulings Online Search System, or CROSS
- And more
Recommended prerequisites: None
Demo Classic Classification
- Demo opens new browser window or tab. (Hold CTRL button to override your pop-up blocker.)
- Contains Audio
- Requires Adobe Flash - get it free from Adobe
Includes one month internet access with unlimited usage from up to five different computers.
Already purchased this course?
The information provided on the Import Export Geeks web site is for general information about our products and should not be considered legal or professional advice. Access and use of this web site does not create, nor does it intend to create, a client-consultant relationship. Should such services be desired, please contact Import Export Geeks directly.